Sunday, December 6, 2015

No Bueno

I went to see the Chicago Gay Men's Chorus perform their holiday show "Miracle on Thirty Funk Street" last night and, sadly, I found the show disappointing...so much so that I left during the intermission. The chorus itself was very good, but the comedy skits and solo numbers in between were no bueno. I kept watching thinking things would get better, but they didn't. (Maybe the second act was better, but I didn't stick around to find out.) I expected to see entertaining performances with great singing and dancing, but what I got was amateur hour at a community theater. I should have known when "Uptown Funk" closed out the first act (I hate this song--sorry Bruno Mars) that it was time to go. I saw a much better gay-themed holiday show at Hamburger Mary's in Chicago a few years back. I wonder if they have a show this year as well. I should look into that.


No comments:

Post a Comment