Saturday, December 5, 2015

Sad Clown

When I was in Detroit last week for Thanksgiving and attended the Thanksgiving parade, I was shocked and saddened to see how the balloon of the clown (who really serves as the parade's mascot) was in such bad shape. That poor clown float looked terrible, as you can see from the picture my sister took. His clothing was peeling and it was clear he'd been patched many times. I'm surprised the parade folks even saw fit to let him roll down Woodward Avenue for this year's parade. It's time for a Kickstarter or Go Fund Me account to get a new clown balloon. The parade company's site does take donations so maybe that's the place to begin. The parade clown is supposed to be happy, but this clown was just sad. I love clowns and it breaks my heart to see this one in such bad shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment