Saturday, August 8, 2015

The End of an Era

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart has drawn to a close. I'm glad to say I had the opportunity years ago to attend a live taping of the show. (I also went to a taping of the Colbert Report and got to ask Stephen a question and that was great. Colbert is the white husband I never had, but I digress.) It's sad to see Jon go, but good for him for getting out of the game on his own terms rather than being forced out or continuing to work a job he had grown tired of.


In totally unrelated news, I read about a program in the Chicago area that places rescued pit bulls with abused children. Huh? This sounds like a recipe for disaster. I know any dog can be vicious, but any dog won't clamp down on you and have to be hit in the head or killed to get its jaws to unlock like a pit bull. How many times do you have to see the news or watch shows like the People's Court and hear about a pit bull attacking a child, a person, or another pet before you realize these dogs are dangerous? 

No comments:

Post a Comment