Monday, June 1, 2015

No Night Is Too Long

I'm reading Barbara Vine's mystery No Night Is Too Long after watching the movie version a few weeks ago. It's the story of a college student, Tim, who gets involved with a professor, Ivo, and then the student kills the professor (or does he?). The book is quite good. The movie was good also, but I felt the main characters were miscast. I'm only about a third of the way through the book, but I really like the way Vine deals with the relationship (sexual and otherwise) between Tim and Ivo. These guys are a hot mess and I love it. I saw the made-for-TV miniseries of Vine's A Dark Adapted Eye some time ago and I'd like to see it again (and read the book) because I remember the miniseries being quite good. I've been reading a lot of mysteries lately with gay characters and many of them have been really good. I'm not usually a mystery reader, but that may change.

No comments:

Post a Comment