Monday, March 30, 2015

Underwhelmed

Is it wrong that I'm underwhelmed about Trevor Noah, the new host of The Daily Show? I admit, I've only seen the guy on one episode of The Daily Show and I'm not familiar with his stand-up act at all, but my main problem with him replacing Jon Stewart is that he's not American. The Daily Show largely revolves around American politics and problems that Americans face. Having a South African guy take over as host of the show just doesn't seem right. Maybe the focus of the show will shift away from primarily American news to more international topics. I'm willing to give Mr. Noah a chance but, for now, he's getting the side eye from me.

Another person getting the side eye is Indiana Governor Mike Pence. I saw his ridiculous interview on This Week yesterday and witnessed his inability to answer George Stephanopoulos's questions about the discriminatory freedom of religion bill he signed. Pence didn't even try to clarify what the bill meant. He just bobbed, weaved, and deflected. I would have had more respect for him if he had just come out and been honest and said, "Yes, this bill discriminates against gays and lesbians." He signed it, he backs it, so he should be able to come out and defend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment