Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Bad News

Two bad news items came up during the day: (1) Jon Hamm was in rehab and (2) Looking was canceled.

First, Jon Hamm's drinking problem. I was sad to hear about this. I hope Jon's 30-day stint in rehab gets him on the track to sobriety. Perhaps playing Don Draper cut a little too close to the bone with Hamm. One day at a time, Jon. One day at a time.

Second, the HBO show Looking was canceled. I'm sure the Monday morning quarterbacking will start in an effort to explain why the show failed to gain a substantial audience. I'll join that debate by giving my own reasons. (1) The show just wasn't interesting enough. (2) The guys weren't hot enough. (3) The show focused too much on Jonathan Groff's character and he wasn't that interesting. Say what you want about Queer as Folk. Yes, it was at times ridiculous and the show stayed on way past its due date, but when it was good, it was good. The raunchiness and plot twists were entertaining. I largely enjoyed the first season of Looking and I'm looking (ha!) forward to seeing the second season once it's on Netflix (since I don't have HBO) and I hope HBO and other cable providers don't shy away from another gay-themed show just because this one didn't catch fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment