Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Thanks, But No Thanks, Starbucks!

I'm officially jumping on the bandwagon of criticism against Starbucks for their new "Race Together" campaign. No, I don't want my Starbucks barista/cashier to start a conversation about race with me. I just want that person to take my order, accept my payment, and give me my beverage and/or assorted snack. When I first heard about this campaign to get people talking about race, I thought, Only someone who isn't a minority would come up with this. If you're a minority, chances are you're talking about race constantly, even if the conversation you're having is with yourself. Frankly, it's exhausting. I'm sure there are some minorities who want to discuss racial issues with a Starbucks employee, but I'm not one of those folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment