Sunday, March 8, 2015

Colin Firth

I went to see Kingsman: The Secret Service mainly to see Colin Firth and I was not disappointed. (Well, maybe a little when Colin wasn't on the screen.) The church scene with Colin was excellent. It really was, for me, the highlight of the movie. Aside from enjoying seeing a dignified Colin Firth fighting folks in a wonderfully tailored suit, I enjoyed the effects. The karate stuff, the Matrix-y stuff, it was all great. Some parts of Kingsman made no sense to me, but I know I'm not exactly the target demographic for a movie like this. But I still enjoyed it. It's nice to watch a movie sometimes that isn't some heavy drama filled with people crying and fretting over life in general. But back to Colin Firth. I actually think Colin is better looking now than in his younger days. The general consensus was that he was swoon-worthy back in his Pride and Prejudice days, but I have to say I like him now as an older man and I love seeing him in glasses and a suit. I think I really started to give him another look after A Single Man. He really seemed to have aged in a way that was pleasing to me around that time. Of course it helps that he's a great actor also.

No comments:

Post a Comment