Tuesday, March 10, 2015

School Night

After working, getting my hair done, and feeling generally crappy today due to stomach issues, I went to a book club meeting at my local library. The LGBT group was discussing Charles Isherwood's novel A Single Man. I went mainly because (A) I had read the book, (B) I had a copy of the book, and (C) I saw the movie. The turnout was disappointing, but the discussion was interesting. I believe I was the youngest person there (and I'm not exactly young myself). Apparently Isherwood doesn't bring out the young folks! Although the discussion was interesting, it went on a little too long for me. This book club meeting should have been an hour at the most, yet it went on for an hour and a half. That's not good especially on a school night. It's hard for me to do things after work because after work, I like to relax. I have to mentally and physically prepare myself for the next day. I remember the days I used to work all day and then attend classes at night when I was an undergraduate. Yeah, those days are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment