Thursday, January 8, 2015

Depeche Mode

During my treacherous drive home from work today through snow, wind, and freezing temperatures, I had to listen to some soothing music to help me concentrate on the road and not sliding into the car in front of me. Depeche Mode's Greatest Hits were on the bill today (along with some jazz by Bob James). Depeche Mode has been on my mind lately, mainly because I've been listening to this two-CD set, but also because their music fits the vibe for a new book that I'm working on. The song "Only When I Lose Myself" is so great. The hits are also wonderful. I'm always happy to hear "Walking in My Shoes" and "Everything Counts." Depeche Mode was always a little BDSM, right? Hmm. Maybe I can find a way to work their music and that angle into my next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment