Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Van Morrison, Where Have You Been All My Life?

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Van Morrison's music mainly because his songs keep popping up on one of the Sirius stations I have programmed on my radio. (Sadly, or maybe not so sadly, my three-month free subscription to Sirius will be coming to an end this week, but more about that later.) I've always liked Van Morrison, but if I have to hear "Brown-Eyed Girl" one more time, I'll lose it. "Brown-Eyed Girl" is truly one of those songs that I just can't stand to hear anymore because it's been played too much. Like "Tainted Love," "Piano Man," "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow," and a host of other songs I can't think of right now, these tunes have been overplayed for years. They simply won't die. However, I've only recently discovered some Van Morrison songs that don't have me reaching to change the station as I often do when "Brown-Eyed Girl" comes on. I recently downloaded Van Morrison's "Caravan" and it is a great addition to the Morrison songs I already have, "Jackie Wilson Said" and "And It Stoned Me." I was not old enough to enjoy Van Morrison during his heyday, but I appreciate him now as an adult. His voice is very soothing and soulful and I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment