Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Struggle Is Almost Over

My next book is about 75% done. Aside from struggling with the book itself, I've also been struggling with finding a title for it. I think I finally have one that will work and that won't break my self-imposed rule of not having a book title over two words. Plus, it's easier to put a shorter title on the cover. I don't know why I've had such a hard time with this latest book. Maybe because it's the first book I've written since I moved from New York. (Daddy Issues was pretty much done by the time I moved last year.) Whatever the reason, I finally feel like I've got a grip on this one and it's just a matter of time before I can crank out the last of it and get a final draft finished. Despite my struggles with this book, I do love it and I love the characters. I'm writing an interracial gay romance this time around and I'm excited about it. Although my books always have racially diverse characters, I've never written about an interracial gay couple before. I think there's a need to have more diversity in m/m romance books and romance books in general and I certainly hope readers agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment