Saturday, February 1, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up

I keep thinking I should start a new blog with a new name since I don't live in Brooklyn anymore, but part of me wonders if I should even bother. Since there's no way to change a URL, I'd just have to shut this one down or leave it up and put some message on the home page to direct people to the other one. I'm on the fence about this now, but I need to make up my mind soon.


When I heard about the school kids in Utah who had their lunches taken from them and thrown in the trash because their parents hadn't paid their overdue lunch bills, I, like a lot of people, was disgusted. Regardless of the money the school was owed, the food had been served to the kids. It wasn't like those meals could have been recycled or given to another child. The food was served. Why not just let the kids eat it instead of taking it from them and throwing it in the trash? Idiocy rules sometimes and it's unfortunate when an innocent kid is on the losing side.


I went to my first book club meeting in Evanston this week and it was okay. I wish the attendees were more diverse in terms of gender, race, and age, but it was free and open to the public, so it's not like diversity wasn't encouraged. The list of forthcoming books doesn't look bad, so I'm going to try and stick with it. Plus it will give me an opportunity to meet some other folks in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment