Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Shark Tank Tuesdays

I am a big fan of Shark Tank. It's really the only network show that I watch religiously. So when CNBC started showing reruns on Tuesday nights, I was quite happy. It's not like there's anything else on Tuesday nights, right? On the first episode tonight, Kevin (aka Mr. Wonderful) told one entrepreneur who was hocking an organic spray that would remove odors that he'd buy the guy's company outright for $150K and then he'd fire him. That made me laugh. The guy couldn't believe Kevin didn't want him at the helm, but, really, the dude seemed unhinged. When he stepped out of the shark tank to call his wife, he was crying on the phone as he explained the deals he'd been offered. I don't know why he was so upset. Kevin was doing him a favor by offering to buy his company and he was also going to give the guy 7% royalties on the products sold, so it wasn't like the guy would go away and get nothing.


What I love about Shark Tank is that you get a chance to see people who have ideas and their efforts to bring those ideas into the marketplace. I think it's so great when someone faces a problem and comes up with a workable solution. I wish my mind worked like that. Unfortunately, when I face a problem, I usually just complain about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment