Monday, February 24, 2014

All Day Long

I heard a report that McDonald's might start serving breakfast all day long. I've been hearing these rumors for some time now, but I still haven't seen any hash browns, Egg McMuffins, or hotcakes past 10:30 am any restaurant. The breakfast menu at McDonald's is the best thing that place has going for it at the moment (other than their fries) and they make tons of money off of that morning grub. Some folks like myself would like to have a McGriddle for lunch...or dinner...or a late night snack. Why not give us what we want? Having worked at a fast food restaurant as a high school student many years ago, I know that certain things in the kitchen have to change when the staff gets ready to change from the breakfast menu to the lunch menu. It's not just a matter of flipping a switch and dropping the fries. If the breakfast all day option were to be adopted at McDonald's, I'm sure franchises would have to make changes in their stores to accommodate such a change. And who would pay for that? The franchise owner? Probably the consumer but I, for one, wouldn't mind paying a little more for the opportunity to get breakfast all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment