Thursday, November 1, 2012

Commuter Chaos!

The commute from Brooklyn to and from Manhattan has been a challenge, to say the least, this week.  Yesterday, I was able to get on an express bus and travel with relatively little problem.  But not today!  Today was a clusterfuck.  I left home at 6:30 am and got to work before 9:00.  After waiting for about half an hour to catch the same express bus I'd taken yesterday, I walked to the F train station to try and catch a train to Jay Street.  After 15 minutes of waiting and no train, I caught a bus to the Barclay's Center.  That was a mistake.  With the lines for the shuttles wrapped long and deep, I ended up hopping into a cab with three other folks to get to Manhattan and it was well worth the money.  The ride home was relatively drama free because I was able to get in a bus near the start of the route and leave a little early to beat the rush.  I don't know what tomorrow will hold, but I'm glad it's Friday so I only have one more day of this commuter hell for awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment