Saturday, November 25, 2023

Post-Thanksgiving Greetings

Another Thanksgiving holiday has come and gone and now...on to Christmas! I've been enjoying having a long holiday weekend and a few days off from my day job. I hope everyone has a chance to relax a little over this holiday weekend (it it's a holiday weekend for you). 

My new book, Not Sweet Enough, will be coming out soon. (More on that later.) I'm glad to finally have this one finished up because it took me far too long to get it together and I have no one but myself to blame for that.

In other news, I'm annoyed that I don't have a Showtime/Paramount + subscription so I can't watch the Fellow Travelers series with Matt Bomer. I saw the first episode via a free preview on Tubi, but that's it. I read the book some time ago and saw a stage-play version of the book also here in Chicago and both were very good. I understand the Showtime series is not sticking to the story in the book, which largely takes place in the 1950s. I'm hoping Comcast gives me a free weekend of Showtime over the Christmas holiday so I can binge watch the series since it should be wrapped up before then. I've read that Showtime/Paramount + are showing one episode per week. I refuse to pay for one more streaming service or cable upgrade unless I drop something else. My cable bill went up $50 recently and I didn't get anything new. I have cable on one TV and no premium channels. I have a bundle with my landline and internet service also through my cable provider, but the $50 jump in price is ridiculous. I think my Prime subscription will be the next to go. They haven't been showing anything I want to see lately. Netflix either. They're both sucking at the moment.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment