Thursday, January 26, 2023

Random Thoughts

I've been reading and watching a lot over the past few weeks and here are some of my random thoughts about random things:

1. George Santos (aka Andrew Devolder, Kitara Ravache): I find the Santos story fascinating for a number of reasons, but mainly because of the pathological level of lying he does. This guy didn't just lie about what school he went to or about a previous employer, he lies about everything: playing varsity volleyball, having health injuries due to his non-existent volleyball career, dressing in drag (per him, he wasn't a drag queen, just a guy dressing in drag and having a good time), owning multiple properties, how and when his mother died, being Jewish, having grandparents who were Holocaust survivors, running an animal charity, helping a disabled vet pay for animal care, providing his campaign with $700K, and the list goes on. I can't believe this guy could keep so many lies straight. Actually, he couldn't! It must be exhausting to keep making up lies about yourself. Who does that? Someone who, clearly, doesn't like who he is. I could see a kid lying about where he came from if he's ashamed of growing up poor or something. But Santos is no kid and so many of his lies are downright ridiculous. Still, if this guy gets tossed out of Congress, I doubt it'll be for lies about his personal life. It'll be for lies about his financing. Follow the money, folks.

2. Annoying Commercials: I swear, if I see one more commercial with Kevin Hart or with the Shriners Hospital kids, I'm going to lose it. Do the Shriners fund certain channels because I sure see their commercials running all the time on channels like MeTV. Get some other funding, folks! Mix up the advertisers. And is Kevin Hart doing endorsements for whoever asks him? Chase, Draft Kings, whatever. Enough already! I have to mute the sound on the Draft Kings commercials where he's featured. Just the sound of his voice makes me reach for the remote. Also, ugh to the Dupixent commercials with the dancing kid all dolled up in bad makeup. Who thought this would be a good idea to highlight a medication for eczema? 

3. Timothy Olyphant and Conan O'Brien: I'm going to end this post on a high note by confessing my love for the duo of Olyphant and O'Brien. These two guys are hilarious together. I've been watching clips of them on YouTube from Conan's talk show and from his podcast and they're so great. I am a huge Olyphant fan. He's the kind of actor who gets better looking as he ages. He's also very charming and very funny (at least he is in all of the clips I've watched with him). I didn't even watch Justified when it was on (although I will watch the new shows when they air) and I bailed on the Santa Clarita Diet after the first episode, but I still enjoy Timothy particularly when he's teamed up with Conan. Such a delight and highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment