Friday, January 6, 2023

Covid Finally Caught Me!

After being Covid-free since the start of this pandemic, I've finally been infected! I was out of town (and out of the country) after Christmas for work and, I believe, I was infected by a coworker with a persistent cough who (A) wasn't masked and (B) was sitting next to me, unfortunately. I can't prove Mr. Typhoid Mary infected me, but I believe he's to blame! By the time he was finally asked to mask up (and did), the damage had been done. I should have masked up and moved away from him, but I didn't. Thankfully, after a terrible Tuesday locked in my hotel room, I made it back home and I'm feeling better. I had all of my shots and boosters and I'm grateful to be here today typing this blog post rather than in a hospital on a ventilator or, God forbid, dead. People have to make their own decisions about their health care and I made the decision to get vaccinated and that decision, I believe, has helped me during this bout of Covid. I hope I don't end up with long Covid and lingering symptoms, but I'll cross that bridge if or when I get to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment