Friday, October 28, 2022

Post-Vacation Greetings

My week-long vacation ended a week ago today and I'm still mourning the loss of sleeping until I felt like getting up, walking on the beach, putting my feet in the warm Gulf water, and thinking/worrying about things other than my day job, COVID, the world! I had a great time in Gulf Shores, Alabama and look forward to going back again next October for my time share week. It was very relaxing and a much-needed break from everything.

This week has been filled with a lot of noise but some good stuff too:

1. 2010: This was the year I did two things: I deleted my Facebook page and got off of Twitter. (I was only on Twitter for about 3 days, but I dumped it anyway.) With Facebook/Meta tanking and Elon Musk taking over Twitter, I think I made the right decision twelve years ago. There were times when I considered going back to Twitter (not Facebook because Zuckerberg is the devil), but I never did and now, with Musk owning it, I know I won't. Some years ago, I watched a movie called Beauty about a crazy South African guy. I think about that movie whenever I read about Musk. I see similarities between the psycho main character and the Tesla/Twitter guy. Ugh. 

2. Voting: I did early voting this week and I'm glad I did. (Too bad these annoying political commercials will be sticking around for another couple of weeks.) I've done my part to try and stop these nutjobs from taking over women's reproductive rights and a whole host of other issues in my state. If the hammer comes down, don't come crying to me if you didn't vote and didn't do your part. This is what democracy looks like, folks. Get out and vote! Have your voice heard!

3. Chris Pine: While I was on vacation last week, actor Chris Pine was on my mind a lot and I watched a lot of You Tube videos with him. He's quite funny. This week, I watched two movies he starred in: Hell or High Water (on Netflix) and All the Old Knives (on Prime). Both movies were good, but Hell or High Water really excelled. So much testosterone! Chris Pine with a Texas accent, looking sleazy and trashy, yet sexy at the same time. I loved it! Plus, Jeff Bridges! Chris and actor Ben Foster had such great chemistry as bank-robbing brothers. I really enjoyed this one and highly recommend it. 

One more shot to remember the beach...



No comments:

Post a Comment