Saturday, March 5, 2022

Worst Roommate Ever...WTF???

Why did I just binge watch Worst Roommate Ever on Netflix? Oy, what a mess. The last two episodes were especially disturbing. I'm actually glad Netflix has actually come through with some good programming lately. Between this and the Tinder Swindler, I'm feeling better about keeping the streaming service because every month or so I contemplate dropping it all together. But for every Tinder Swindler, you get four Emilys in Paris or some other crap I don't want to watch. But back to Worst Roommate Ever. When I see stuff like this, it makes me glad I'm able to live alone. I'd rather live in a one-room studio apartment than have to share space with a random person. Seriously. But people (women in particular) really need to start being smarter about who they welcome into their lives and their homes. The women in the Netflix roommate stories and the women in Tinder Swindler often didn't trust their gut. Many sensed something wasn't right with the dudes they were dealing with, but they ignored their instincts. Sometimes you have to go with your gut and stop aiming to please. You can't be all things to all people. I've learned that the hard way. You also can't let greed or desperation override common sense. Maybe you have to take two steps back to take one step forward. I'm sure if some of the women in the roommate stories had just taken the time to look into their sketchy roommate applicants, they would have saved themselves from a world of hurt. Maybe that extra time meant an extra month where they had to carry the full rent or borrow from friends and family to make ends meet, but better to be in the hole with Mom and Dad than fighting with some psycho who's living under your roof, not paying rent, and threatening to kill you. 

When I watch stuff like Worst Roommate Ever and Tinder Swindler, I start to wonder, Can you trust anyone anymore? Yes, but I think it's getting harder and harder to do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment