Sunday, February 27, 2022

Tired of This

 With so much war in the news lately, I found myself thinking, unfortunately, about things I'm tired of:

1. Tyler Perry/Madea: I thought he was giving this shtick up but, every few years, he trots out another Madea installment because he claims the public wants it. Whatever. I'm proud to admit I've never seen a Madea movie or been to a Madea play. I strongly feel Perry gets some perverse thrill from watching women get beaten down and then somehow redeemed. Which leads me to our second candidate of tiredness.

2. Andy Cohen: Why is he still a thing? I do admit I used to watch many of the Housewives shows when they first started before I got smart and stopped that noise. Cohen, like Perry, I believe, enjoys seeing women be humiliated but while Perry might have some sympathy towards women in the end, I feel like Cohen just cackles at the women he's made so much money from as he watches them degrade and embarrass themselves on TV. There's no sympathy, no redemption, just money and laughs at their expense. This joker should have been off the air a long time ago, yet he keeps on keeping on. I can't figure out why Anderson Cooper is friends with him. Ugh. You can and should do better, Coop!

3. Commercials featuring Jimmy JJ Walker and Joe Namath: These commercials seem to run nonstop on many stations I watch during the day. Walker's is particularly annoying. When Walker says, "It's me again!" I can't hit the mute button quick enough. Ugh.

4. Ye/Kayne/Kardashian/Jenner/Whatever news: Enough of these people already. I can't even read my daily gossip sites without one of these annoying folks popping up in the mix. They're all awful and their ten minutes of fame should have ended years ago, yet they're still here. Ugh again.

5. The Royal Family: I've had enough of them too and I mean all of them (William, Kate, Meghan, Harry, Andrew, Charles, Camilla, Lizzie). Must their every trip, statement, baby, item of clothing be discussed and analyzed in detail? No. Give it a rest already.

I'm really trying not to live in the negative because I do this far more than I should, but these people/things put me in a negative headspace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment