Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Snow...Again

It's another snowy day in the Chicago area and I'm tired of the white stuff already. As someone who grew up in the Midwest in Detroit, I'm no stranger to snow and ice and dreary overcast days during the winter, but I don't know how long I want to keep dealing with this weather. I keep seeing commercials on TV that are trying to lure people to Florida. I see ads for the Keys, Orlando, and I just saw one for Ft. Lauderdale. What kills me is that all of these ads show people relaxing on the beach or sunning themselves on a boat and I can't help but wonder, What about Covid??? It's still out there, folks. Alive and thriving! Still, I'd love to be somewhere warm and sunny now. (Maybe not Florida, but somewhere else where there isn't a foot of snow on the ground.) 

The snow here is getting in the way of my daily walks. I was able to get out yesterday and it's horrible that some folks can't be bothered to shovel their walkways. The picture below was taken yesterday outside of a local business. I could see if someone's elderly or physically unable to shovel their walk and might need some help, but a business should know better. I bet folks in Sanibel aren't worrying about sidewalks that haven't been shoveled.



No comments:

Post a Comment