Thursday, January 27, 2022

Cooking with Gas

A few weeks ago, one of the side handles on my stove broke. I glued the broken piece back on, but it looks rather janky now (see below). So I bought a replacement handle, but in order to get it on, a whole You Tube video worth of work is required. (I thought I'd be able to pop the old handle off and pop the new one on, but I was wrong.) So I need to have someone do this for me. In the meantime, I keep reading about gas stoves being outlawed in New York for new construction places and how gas stoves cause harm to people and the environment. I grew up with a gas stove and I have a gas stove now. I love having a gas stove! I've had electric stoves in the past and I didn't care for them. I cook with gas, baby! Does that mean I don't care about the environment or potential illnesses from gas stove vapors? No, but gas stoves have been around a long time and they haven't killed us yet, so I'm willing to stick with mine. Besides, if your power goes out, how are you supposed to cook all of the food that has the potential to go bad because your fridge is out if you have an electric stove? At least with gas you can light the burners and keep on trucking. 




No comments:

Post a Comment