Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Post-MLK Day Greetings

I enjoyed having a long weekend thanks to the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday this past Monday. The break from my day job was nice and I was able to get some writing done. I'm working on what I think will be a short story. I'm a slow writer these days, so I'm not churning out the number of pages I used to. But, since the work on my day job has eased up a lot, I'm hoping to have more time on the weekends and in the evenings for my own writing.

Earlier today, I got some bad news that one of my cousins had passed away from Covid. I'd heard from my father over the weekend that she was in the hospital and that she was, apparently, unvaccinated. I'm not the kind of person who tells grown folks what to do and how to live their lives but, if asked, I'll give you my opinion. I've posted about being vaccinated and I believe it's the best way to stay alive these days. Covid impacts different people in such different ways, but why roll the dice with your health and not use every available resource that's out there to help you stay alive? My cousin who passed away wasn't a close cousin. (Just as a side note, I have around 50 first cousins who live all over the country, so I'm closer with some more than others.) I don't know if my late cousin had underlying medical conditions or why she wasn't vaccinated, but I suspect she'd still be here with us if she'd simply gotten vaccinated. RIP, cuz.





No comments:

Post a Comment