Monday, December 27, 2021

Post-Christmas Greetings

As I enjoy a few more days of vacation from my day job this holiday, I hope everyone had a restful Christmas and not a stressful Christmas. I went to see the latest Matrix movie over the holiday weekend (mainly because my sister is a huge Keanu fan). What a long slog that was. I drifted off during the movie and others did too. Given that it was about 2.5 hours with a lot of lengthy talking scenes in the middle of the fighting scenes, I'm not surprised people fell asleep. This was the first movie I'd been to in over a year. The last movie I saw in the theater before The Matrix: Resurrections was The Invisible Man with Elizbeth Moss. Yeah...The Invisible Man. That must have been February of 2020. I'm not anxious to return to the movie theater either. It's just not worth it for me. I also went out for dinner on Christmas and a had a nice dinner that, unfortunately, jacked my stomach up the next day. Just like the movies, I think my in-dining days are over also for a while. I'll stick to takeout. 

Aside from seeing long movies and going to restaurants, I also have been reading a lot and watching a lot of TV. I watched a docu-series called Don't Fuck with Cats on Netflix over the weekend about some internet sleuths who tracked a psycho who killed cats and then a person (and filmed his exploits and posted them online). It was a fascinating series, but I was surprised at the time effort so many people put into tracking this guy online. Don't these people have day jobs? One woman in the series clearly did have a day job because she talked about it! I don't know where people find the time or the will to analyze online videos, create JPGs of each frame, do reverse searches of people online, etc. Aside from having jobs, don't these folks have family? Friends? Errands to run? 

No comments:

Post a Comment