Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Finished (Finally)!

I'd been working on the same short story for months and I finally finished it over the weekend. Yea! I'll have more information about this later as the publication info is provided to me by JMS Books, but it's such a relief to have that over and done with. I often need a push (like a deadline) to get me to finish something. Now I need to work on the next thing and I don't really have a next thing lined up. I'm thinking about what's next, but I don't have any firm ideas yet. I always like to have something in the hopper and, right now, the hopper is empty. Unfortunately, my day job has been sucking up so much of my time (during the week and on the weekends) that it's interfered with my writing. I hope to correct that problem in the coming months. Speaking of my day job, we were told about a month or so ago that we'd be going back to the office in September, but now with the Delta variant of COVID running rampant, that date has been pushed back to 2022. Woo hoo! I have no desire to go back to the office. I'm fine working from home. I know working from home isn't the greatest setup for everyone and even I have issues with my home and work lives being so intertwined, but I'll deal with it to avoid having to commute and share bathrooms and kitchens with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment