Saturday, August 28, 2021

Amazon Is the Devil!

Yes, I said it. Amazon is the devil! I use Amazon just like many others and I generally love it. I have a Kindle that I love that also. However, I do hate many things about Amazon. For example, the pressure the company puts on employees to get items we order delivered to us. Case in point: an Amazon driver stopped traffic behind me on a two-lane street just so he could drop a package off at someone's house. There was no way to go around him because of on-coming traffic in the other lane, so everyone was forced to wait for him to get out of his truck, mosey on up to the house he was delivering to, and then mosey on back to his truck. Ridiculous! The house he delivered to even had a driveway, but did he pull in there? No. He chose to disrupt traffic instead. Yes, the driver was a jerk, but Bezos and Company are also jerks for pushing drivers to get deliveries made within certain deadlines at breakneck speed. Drivers can't even use the bathroom just so I can get my new hot pot or whatever else I choose to buy from Amazon. I considered complaining to Amazon about the driver because, even though I didn't have his license plate number, I had the exact location where he stopped and dropped and I know the company tracks their drivers, so I'm sure they could have figured out who he was. But I didn't go to the company to complain about the driver because I know he's under pressure and trying to make a living like the rest of us. 

When Bezos went on his little space trip, I was surprised to see the news stations providing full coverage of it. That's how sad the media has become right now. The networks show wall-to-wall coverage of a billionaire going into space. Really? Yes, really. I'm sure many of my Amazon purchases helped to contribute to Bezos's little journey. You're welcome, Jeff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment