Monday, August 23, 2021

Random Monday Thoughts

 As another week starts, I've been thinking about a few things:

1. I had no idea so many people cared about who the next Jeopardy host should be. Really, folks? Count me in the group who doesn't care. I don't even watch Jeopardy because it comes on at weird times in Chicago, either during the day when I'm working or really early in the morning when I'm sleeping. 

2. Can we all stop pretending that J Hud is a great singer and a talented actress? She isn't. I had to mute the sound over the weekend when a clip was shown of her singing at a concert in Central Park. Awful. I don't think she's the worst singer, but I don't think she's better than a number of women who grew up singing in local churches either. Her acting is no great shakes either. Sorry, not sorry.

3. If someone who is able to get vaccinated hasn't done so by now, nothing will probably convince that person to get vaccinated. Sometimes you just have to move on from folks and stop wasting your breath. 

4. The CDC needs to put out some hard data about "breakthrough" COVID infections. What are the real numbers? What are the demographics of those with breakthrough infections? What kind of vaccinations did these folks have? Were they fully or partially vaccinated? Did they share households with people who aren't vaccinated? Do they have any idea how they were infected? 

On that cranky note, it's time to start my day job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment