Friday, July 16, 2021

Did No One See This Coming?

Try as I might to avoid the news, I can't help it these days. COVID rates are back on the rise across the country and my main question is did no one see this coming? Once the CDC told folks they could go without masks (well, fully vaccinated people anyway) and most states had 50% or less of their population fully vaccinated, COVID was bound to rebound! And, once you throw the Delta variant into the mix, it makes everything even worse. Did the CDC really think people who weren't vaccinated would continue to wear masks? Ridiculous. I really hope we're not heading for another shutdown. I also think that a lot of the decisions coming out now are based on economics and not science. Businesses want to fully reopen and corporations want people back in the office space they're paying to lease. Sure, many are willing to let employees continue working from home in the summer, but watch the tide change after Labor Day. 

Speaking of workers, despite my disappointing visit to Milwaukee last weekend, I did enjoy going to the Grohmann Museum while I was there. The museum has works dedicated to workers. I took a few pictures on the rooftop in the sculpture garden. 

RIP, Biz Markie. "Damn it feels good to see people up on it." Yes, it does, Biz.



No comments:

Post a Comment