Friday, February 12, 2021

Corporate Stooge

Do all companies expect you to become a corporate stooge just because you work there? Are you supposed to sell your soul just to have a job these days? We all make concessions on the job and do things we don't want to do, take shit from people we don't want to take shit from, etc. But are we supposed to be lobotomized also by our corporate overlords? Just sit and nod and drool in agreement even when we really don't agree? Are we not allowed to have our own thoughts and disagree when the corporation's views don't align with our own? I'm dealing with a situation like this now. I'm not corporate mouthpiece. If I disagree with something, I'll state my disagreement. Now I'm not naive enough to think that my views will overrule the company's, but I do expect a truce where we "agree to disagree." I don't feel any corporate entity should try and force me to adhere to a narrative that I don't agree with. I do my work and earn a paycheck for that work. Mind control shouldn't be a part of the job too.

No comments:

Post a Comment