Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Goatless Goatham

I just got back from a short trip to New York that was mainly for my day job, but I also had the weekend to do some other things and one of those things was to see the hired goats in Riverside Park who'd been contracted to eat through the overgrown vegetation there. I hiked uptown to Riverside Park Saturday afternoon, taking the 1 train to 96th and then a shuttle bus up to 116th Street (because the MTA was doing track work).  I went all that way only to find out the goats had been rounded up and taken by the farmer that morning because, apparently, there wasn't enough for them to eat at the park. Sad! Goatham with no goats! What a disappointment. Still, I had a great time in New York and got to see friends and coworkers I hadn't seen in a while. I also went back to my old neighborhood in Brooklyn to see how it looked. Not much had changed (at least that I could see) but I did notice a more diverse crowd of folks at the Church Avenue F stop on Sunday. I saw more young white couples with kids and even a gay couple so the neighborhood is certainly becoming more diverse. I miss my old Kensington neighborhood, but New York is too expensive for me now.


No comments:

Post a Comment