Saturday, November 3, 2018

Vote!

Are you ready for election day next Tuesday, November 6? I know I am! I'm just ready for the campaign commercials to stop airing. Oy! I can't even watch the news without being inundated with political ads. But, in spite of the annoying ads, we all must do our part and vote. I voted a week ago via early voting in my city, but if you can't vote early, then definitely get out and vote on election day. Send a message! Have your voice heard! I can be overly cynical about a lot of things, but I'm not cynical when it comes to voting. It's a right and a privilege. Do you know how many people live in places where they can't vote? No politician is perfect and no government can do all things for all people, but we have a system of government here in the United States that's a lot better than it is in a lot of other places. We're very fortunate to live in a democracy. (I almost typed democrazy and I know it feels like Crazytown around here a lot of the time lately especially with Donny T. at the helm, but I digress.) Get out and vote on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment