Saturday, December 14, 2013

Gee Whiz, It's Snowed...Again

Now that I live outside of Chicago (or the Chicagoland area as it's referred to here), I have to reacquaint myself with snow and all things snow-related. Not that it didn't snow in New York, but the snow we got there often wasn't much. Here in Evanston, the situation is totally different. I had to go out and buy some snow boots and a "Chicago" coat to deal with the weather. (Actually, the Chicago coat was more of an excuse for me to get a new coat, but whatever.) The boots, however, were a necessity. I came to Chicago ill-prepared for the snow but I am quickly adjusting. As a Detroiter, I dealt with snow all the time, but I haven't lived in Detroit for more than 10 years and I'm out of practice. Shoveling? Brushing off your car? Refilling the window washer fluid? Unplowed side streets? Huh? What? Oy! I've been here for about three weeks now and I've already had to deal with snow. Welcome to winter, Kim. Unfortunately, it's here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment