Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Well-Oiled Machine

I went to the Illinois DMV Saturday to get an Illinois driver's license (and give up my New York one) and, I must say, the office I went to in Des Plaines was like a well-oiled machine. I did get there when the doors opened at 7:30 and I was walking out with my new license around 8:15.  Even though I had to take a written test (which I think is ridiculous since I had a valid driver's license from New York), I was able to breeze through every step and the DMV employees were quite nice. The woman taking my picture even let me retake it because I hated the first shot.  The one thing I didn't like was that all of my personal information was just out there for everyone to hear (including the guy standing at the counter next to me handling his business).  The counters should have some privacy dividers or something. Having to reveal my weight to total strangers is awkward, but whatever. It's over and done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment