Saturday, September 25, 2021

Must-See TV

I watched two interesting series over the past couple of weeks (because what else is there to do when there's a pandemic going on).

1. LuLa Rich: Whoa, boy. This one was a doozy. An MLM (aka a Ponzi) scheme that relies on primarily white stay-at-home moms who sell ugly leggings? Oh, and the company behind this is a family of Mormons? Sounds crazy, right? It is! I had never heard of the company or its leggings before I read about the documentary and finally watched it on Prime. But the again, why would I have? I'm not a white, suburban, stay-at-home mom, which is the demographic recruited for this scheme and the group who bought these leggings. I was shocked at the sheer amount of money the company made and the crazy bonuses they were giving out in bonuses to the women who recruited even more women to sell leggings. Fronting more than $5,000 to start your own "business" selling leggings out of your house? Yeah...no. A lot of women got sucked into this though under the guise of working part-time and bringing in full-time pay while being able to set your own hours. I totally see how so many stay-at-home moms got sucked into this and it's sad. But what's even sadder is that so many people are so gullible. As I watched this series, I kept thinking, This is why we had four years of Donny T. 

2. White Lotus: I know I'm late to the White Lotus series but, as I've said before, I don't have HBO. I saw the first episode for free and just binge watched the rest of the episodes over the last two days since I've got free HBO this weekend. Armond: I enjoyed watching Murray Bartlett self-destruct in each episode. He was great. He finally got some ass and it blew up in his face (no pun intended). I also thought the dynamics between some of the people were interesting. Tonya/Belinda: Belinda should have known that Tonya wasn't going to be the great white hope she initially claimed to be. Stevie Wonder could see Tonya was a hot mess and not reliable to go into any kind of business venture with. Paula/Olivia: What a couple of assholes. Paula found out the hard way that she would always be the outsider and Olivia played her like a fiddle. And who ended up getting the short end of the stick with these two silly broads? Kai. Shane/Rachel: Did Rachel not realize who she had married? Shane didn't become a totally different person after the wedding. He was the same asshole she met, went out with, and got engaged to. If she had wanted to run, she should have done that before she let him put a ring on it. Mark/Nicole: I didn't care enough about their relationship to pay a lot of attention to it, but if Nicole was such a tech bigshot, she should have been able to afford an extra room at the resort for her kids.

Messy people makes for good TV!


No comments:

Post a Comment