Wednesday, September 15, 2021

The Struggle Is Real!

It's been a year and a half since I've been working from home and my body is proof of that. I've certainly put on extra weight during the pandemic and I'm trying to get rid of some of it, but it's hard. The struggle is real! Once I was fully vaccinated, I started going back to the gym, but then the Delta variant hit and that has stopped me from going to the gym as frequently as planned. I still go, but only one or two times a week. I've got to either pick up the pace or supplement my non-gym days with some other kind of physical exercise. I used to be a member of my local YMCA, but I had to drop that place because there are too many kids hanging around the gym. I didn't want to take the chance of being around a bunch of kids who are not and/or can not be vaccinated right now. I hate to say it, but I look at kids under 12 and think of them as COVID super-spreaders. (Sorry, not sorry!)

Another thing I'm doing to try and drop some pounds is eating dinner via a meal delivery service: Freshly. So far, so good with that. The meals are generally around 400-600 calories and that's good for me. If I cooked dinner myself, it's highly unlikely that I'd stay under that calorie threshold. And the meals taste pretty good. There were a few I didn't care for, but I like the bulk of them. 

The older I get, the harder it is to lose weight and then you add COVID on top of that and you've got a recipe for disaster. One of the main reasons I got vaccinated was because I figured I'd be one of those people who ended up in the hospital on a ventilator if I got COVID and I wanted to try and avoid that. Some people look at the pandemic and figure they'll be okay if they get it. I don't feel that way, so I'll do what I can to try and protect myself from being hospitalized. I often think of the worst case scenario when it comes to my health. Am I paranoid? Probably, but like a guy told me once (during a job interview, of all things): the paranoid have enemies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment