Friday, September 4, 2020

Light at the End of the Tunnel

 I'm finally finishing up the new book I've been working on called Thorns in My Side. I'm just proofing it now and doing some additional edits. It feels good to finally have this one wrapped up. Hopefully everything will work out for a January 2021 pub date for it. I'll keep you updated on that. It's been a long time coming (too long), but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to have a short story based on something that happens in this current book and I'm working on that also. Writing is hard work even when there's not a pandemic going on or when you're overwhelmed from your day job. I read a blog post recently about how to deal with Covid in writing. Do you just ignore it? Set your work before the year 2020 or way into the future? My current work doesn't mention Covid at all because it was started before this thing happened and I really couldn't find a way to work it into the book without disrupting my time line. Readers can just assume these events took place prior to 2020. I would like to write something where Covid is a part of the story, but I'm not mentally there yet. Maybe a few years out when I can (hopefully) look back on the pandemic, I'll be in a better frame of mind to actually write about it, but not now. We need to get a vaccine and things need to get back to some normalcy before that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment