Sunday, November 24, 2019

Weekend News

So Bloomie is officially in the race for POTUS. Interesting. I'm curious to see how this plays out but I think we need less candidates on the Democratic side rather than more right now. I'd like to see some folks drop out (and they know who they are). I'm tired of these 10+ person debates. The field needs to be narrowed significantly so we can channel our efforts into a few candidates. I really hate that states like Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina are first states to push their presidential choices forward. Iowa and New Hampshire are not representative of the country which is why you see Buttigieg leading the pack in those states. And South Carolina? Ugh. I have my own issues with that state and don't want those folks deciding anything based on my personal prejudices against the state and its citizens.

In other weekend news, I saw two movies over the weekend: The Good Liar and Knives Out. The Good Liar was...good! Helen Mirren is great in pretty much anything. The plot was interesting and I kind of want to read the book version now to see how it matched up with the movie version. Knives Out was good also, but a wee bit too long. There were a few too many scenes of people being interrogated that made the film drag in parts. And Daniel Craig's awful Southern accent was no bueno, but I did enjoy seeing Chris Evans in his battered sweaters. (It took far too long for him to appear on screen also.) The early preview for Knives Out that I went to last night was packed. Clearly, people are interested in seeing the movie and I'm sure it'll make a ton of money over the Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment