Saturday, November 30, 2019

Post-Thanksgiving Greetings

I hope everyone has had a restful, enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday (those who celebrate). I've been off from my day job since last Wednesday and took a quick road trip to the D (that's Detroit) for the weekend. I'm back now, but had a great time. It's always nice to see family and have some good food. I miss Michigan and whenever I go back to visit lately, I feel that more and more. However, I'm not looking to move back there. Sorry, not sorry! I love Michigan, but I think I'm done living in the mitten state. Once I left the last time (more than 15 years ago), I kind of knew I wasn't going back there to live. Too much family drama and too much familiarity. Also, I just needed a change of scenery. I don't love Illinois, but it's my home for now. I don't want to die here, but I'm here for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment