Saturday, November 9, 2019

Bloomie?

So former NY mayor Michael Bloomberg is considering getting into the presidential race? I'm not surprised. I lived in NY during Bloomberg's illegal third term, so I'm familiar with his thirst for power. When I lived in Brooklyn under Bloomberg, I didn't think he was the worst mayor, but wasn't the greatest either. I remember when he was trying to ban big soda drinks. Really, Mike? I think the city had more pressing issues to deal with, yet he spent so much energy on trying to ban Big Gulps. Ridiculous. I also remember the snow storm that shut down the city subways and how Bloomie was at his home in Bermuda at the time. City officials tried to cover it up, but everyone knew where the mayor was. When he finally got back to town, he tells people to go out and see a Broadway show because the city was open for business. How are we supposed to get to the theater if the subways are shut down, Mike? I guess he assumed everyone (including the Broadway performers and theater crew) could either walk to the theater or get a hired car to take them to work so the show could go on. The guy was just tone-deaf on a lot of things. Stop and frisk? The people who usually advocate the loudest for stop and frisk aren't the people who'd actually BE stopped and frisked. Still, Bloomberg did help New York to thrive and it's expensive as hell now, but there's a lot of money there and he helped to bring a lot of that money into the city. And, if he ends up being the Democratic nominee, I'd vote for him. Dealing with him in office would be a million times better than the current POTUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment