Sunday, January 6, 2019

Silkwood Shower Needed!

I watched all six episodes of that R. Kelly documentary on Lifetime over the weekend (that was executive produced by a former high school classmate of mine) and felt like I needed a Silkwood shower afterward. (If you don't know what a Silkwood shower is, Google it, kids!) Oy! Of course I new about Kelly's pedo behavior, his "marriage" to 15-year-old singer Aaliyah, and his pee tape, but I had no idea that he was also brainwashing girls and women and I really had no idea his fan base (at one time anyway) was so large. I totally underestimated his appeal. Not that I don't listen to R&B (because I do), but I didn't know Kelly had so many defenders. That's frightening. Even after the Aaliyah thing, it amazed me how many people just turned a blind eye to his continued abusive behavior towards young black women. It also amazed me that so many young black women wanted to be with him or thought he could help them establish a career in the music business. This guy didn't help anyone but himself. Also, how does a guy who can barely read and write become such a Svengali? With a lot of help, I guess. The documentary episodes just went from bad to worse. Ugh. If Kelly had been doing these things to white girls, he would have been locked up. But his abuse of black girls and women was just ignored. It's a shame Kelly's still walking the streets. He should be in jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment