Wednesday, January 16, 2019

I Don't Get It

In my old(er) age, I have to admit I find myself wondering what's going on when I see certain things like the ones mentioned below:

1. Buying and wearing clothes with holes in them. I don't get this. Why would you buy pants with holes cut out in the knees? I keep seeing young women mainly wearing jeans with pre-ripped holes in the knees and on other parts of the leg. I don't understand why these women want to look like hobos. If you've got holes in your clothes, it's time for some new clothes and NOT new clothes that come with holes already in them.

2. Rodents of unusual size. I was watching a series on PBS the other night called "Rodents of Unusual Size" about the influx of nutria (huge rats) that have eaten up large parts of the Louisiana swamp lands. As someone who both hates and is fascinated with rodents, I found the series interesting. Apparently nutria were initially brought to Louisiana long ago from South America to help create a thriving fur trade, but that didn't really work out and now parts of the state are overrun with these huge rats. Sadly, I fell asleep before the show ended (because I'm old and tired), but I couldn't figure out why the state just can't poison these things and kill them off. There are people killing them with guns, but I didn't see an organized government effort to get rid of the rodents which I think is what's needed.

3. Is anyone really surprised that Donny T. served fast food at the White House to the Clemson football players? Just when you think he can't sink any lower, he does! I'm sure these guys eat fast food all the time. Why not give them a nice dinner that they maybe don't get all the time? I'm not talking about something weird and/or exotic, but why not some steak and chicken? Some seafood options? Food that you'd find at a nice restaurant? No, Donny had to go with burgers and nuggets. POTUS is a 70-something-year-old man baby who really needs to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment