Thursday, January 31, 2019

Greetings from the Polar Vortex

As we're halfway through day 2 of the Polar Vortex here in Chicagoland, I admit I've started to feel a little stir crazy. It's one thing to be indoors because you choose to be, but it's another to be indoors because you have to be. I did venture out today to pick up a package from the post office and, thankfully, my car started. I felt sorry for the folks I saw waiting for the bus although I was stuck behind the bus, so I was able to see the people actually get on the bus and, hopefully, get warm. If there's a silver lining in this cycle of coldness it's that the sun has been shining for the past few days and I'm glad to see it. It may not be bringing much warmth to the area, but it is nice to see. We get so much cloudy weather during the winter that it's nice to see the sunshine for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment