Friday, September 21, 2018

Wow

I heard today that a former co-worker had passed away back in July. He was only in his early 50's, so the news was surprising. I don't know if he had been ill and I couldn't find any information in the obits I found for him online. I didn't know him very well and only worked with him for probably a year or so before he changed jobs, but I thought he was a nice guy and he told great stories, often funny ones. I remember him talking about how he and his sister bought their mother a sweater from Lane Bryant for Christmas or her birthday and his mom was upset when she saw the gift. To her, a gift from Lane Bryant meant she was fat and the gift made her burst into tears. My co-worker and his sister felt terrible afterwards. They hadn't meant to upset their mother. They just found a sweater they thought she would like and bought it for her. My condolences certainly go out to my co-worker's family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment