Thursday, September 27, 2018

Not That Guy

I watched a lot of the Kavanaugh hearings today in between trying to work and found it all interesting. I didn't make it through all of Ford or Kavanaugh's testimonies, but I saw a lot of both. I have no dog in this fight, but I found Ford credible. Kavanaugh just strikes me as the kind of guy who was a douchebag in high school and college. The kind of guy who was accustomed to getting what he wanted and being treated like a master of the universe. So to see him broken down and crying as he moaned about how unfairly he'd been treated was somewhat refreshing because you know he just wasn't accustomed to being treated like the "other." Here's a guy who you know had never been treated so harshly in his life and suddenly he's branded as a sexual predator and a drunk. The golden boy was now the predator. Kavanaugh tried to convince everyone that he's not that guy, but I think maybe he IS that guy or he was that guy. My question is do we really need another Clarence Thomas on the court? Thomas never got over the Anita Hill accusations. He's still bitter about that and about a whole host of other things in his life. Despite being given many opportunities in life for a poor black boy from the South, he excelled yet he can't appreciate it. At least that's my take on him after reading both his autobiography and another book written about him by two journalists. Bitter is the only word I can use to describe the man. I suspect Kavanaugh, if allowed to be on the Supreme Court, will end up the same way and that's not the kind of person we need making decisions about our laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment