Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Sacrifices!

I gave up sweets for Lent, not for religious reasons, but because I need to cut back and drop a few pounds. (Well, more than a few.) I gave up cookies, pies, cakes, donuts, and other assorted goodies. I have allowed myself to have a trail mix that has a few pieces of chocolate in it because I'm not insane, but that's it. So far, so good. With each day, I feel like I'm making progress. I've also signed up to do a Couch to 5K in the spring. Now I'm not a runner, but I'm hoping I'll be able to do a light jog to fulfill the requirements and, again, drop some poundage. The older you get, the harder it becomes to lose weight. You could eat the same stuff you ate 10 years ago and your body just reacts to it in a totally different way. The struggle is real, folks.

In other news, I wish folks I know would stop bugging me about my decision to skip Black Panther. No offense to the movie or any of its stars, but I just don't do superhero movies. The last Batman movie I saw had Michael Keaton in it. Yeah. Michael Keaton with Danny DeVito as the Penguin and Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman. I did see one of the X-Men movies on TV also, but only watched it because it was on. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something I'd see at the theater. Superhero movies are just not my bag, baby. I'm glad Black Panther is out there making mucho dinero and getting rave reviews, but I'm skipping it. Even when I saw the preview for it, I thought, Thanks, but no thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment