Friday, February 23, 2018

Abracadabra...I Don't Want to Reach Out and Grab Ya!

I was listening to the Steve Miller Band's song "Abracadabra" this morning on the way to work and wondered why this great tune isn't on the Greatest Hits CD that I have. Why, Steve Miller Band, why???? The greatest hits CD has hits like "The Joker" and "Jet Airplane" but no "Abracadabra." Frustrating! Who put these greatest hits together?? I was forced to pay for and download something I should have already had. Moving on. I also heard a song I didn't realize I like so much called "Feel It Still" by some dude/band (?) named Portugal.The Man. Band or man, that song is great and yet another tune I can add to my YMCA workout playlist. I know the song is old, but it's new to me. I'm behind the times when it comes to popular music and if you read my blog with any regularity, you already know this.

Earlier this week, I heard "Mexican Radio" by Wall of Voodoo and that song has been stuck in my head pretty much all week. Did Wall of Voodoo ever have any other hits? I can't recall any, but "Mexican Radio" is one of those songs you hear once and you keep hearing until it's replaced by some other song that takes up space in your brain and slowly drives you crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment