Monday, February 20, 2017

Presidents' Day

I am spending this Presidents' Day trying NOT to think about the current POTUS and that's hard to do these days. Thankfully, I have the holiday off from my day job, so I'm not stuck at the office. As much as I'm trying to avoid the latest news involving Donny T. and His Band of Idiots, I have been interested in reading about the internet troll (whose name shall not be mentioned here) and Donny T. fan favorite who trolled himself into a six-figure book deal with Simon & Schuster, speaking engagements, and TV appearances and now seems to have trolled himself right off a cliff. For all the people who waste their breath defending this guy, just remember when you get into bed with a dog, you get out of bed with fleas. The stench of the stinky will get onto you if you get too close and that's what some folks (cough CPAC cough) are learning today. How long before Simon & Schuster sees the light? Maybe never. The troll's books have probably already been printed and are waiting in a warehouse somewhere for distribution. Now what? Does the publisher put out a book by a guy who has made statements advocating for pederasty and hope for the best? I'd hate to be the marketing team behind that mess, but when you back a loser, you deal with the fallout. I have no sympathy for the publisher or anyone else involved in this deal with the devil. I do hope this latest incident finally puts this guy out of the public eye for good around here. We've got our own problems in the US already without having to deal with some non-American loudmouth coming over here stirring up trouble. Pack it in and take that sideshow act back across the pond!

I'm including another picture from my zoo visit over the weekend just because.


No comments:

Post a Comment