Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mad Men

Count me as one of the many people who are looking forward to the return of Mad Men tonight on AMC. I'm not a die hard fan, but I have enjoyed the show. (There are seasons I've never even seen, but I don't feel I need to at this point.) There aren't many shows on TV these days that I do enjoy, so when I find a show that I like, I'm happy to tune in. I really hope Bob Benson comes back for the final season. The actor, James Wolk, who plays Bob is from Farmington Hills, Michigan, so he gets a special shout out from me just for that. If I were a writer for the show, I would throw Bob and Pete into a relationship. I think Pete needs what Bob is willing to give him. Yeah.


As for Don "I Grew Up in a Whorehouse" Draper, I've had enough of him. How can someone be so smart and so stupid at the same time? I am ready for Mad Men to come to an end so Jon Hamm can be free to do other things. As great as he is in the role of Don Draper, he's a funny guy and I'd like to see him be funny and we all know Don isn't exactly a crackup. Free Jon Hamm!


While I like Mad Men, I'm not someone who years for the 1960s. (I wasn't even born in the 1960s!) I think Matthew Weiner secretly enjoys the awfulness of that era (i.e. repressed women, racial segregation, and men running everyone and everything). I can watch Mad Men and appreciate how far we've come as a society since then, but I don't long for those days to return.




No comments:

Post a Comment